In order to improve the policy framework for rice sector development in the CARI countries the John A. Kufuor Foundation (JAK) supports private sector led advocacy platforms to prepare policy papers. The policy papers were developed with joint participation of relevant stakeholders of the private sector in the context of a comprehensive study. The study determined the most important policy requirements in the rice sector. As a result a total of 12 thematic papers were developed and shared with the relevant government agencies in the respective countries.
The full versions of the policy papers can be downloaded below.
- Burkina Faso: Rice quality and market
- Burkina Faso: Access to finance
- Burkina Faso: Access to mechanization
- Ghana: Access to finance
- Ghana: Grain standardization
- Ghana: Mechanization
- Nigeria: Sustainable solution to climate change in Africa
- Nigeria: Access to finance
- Nigeria: Extension services
- Nigeria: Post-harvest losses
- Tanzania: RCT position paper